Monday 25 June 2012

Fabulous Review

Here is the most amazing review for my book, from my friend and fellow Marilyn author, Roger Taylor. Roger's was the third Marilyn book I ever bought and to think that he has now read and reviewed mine, is mind-blowing. Here it is: 

"I have just finished reading the most extraordinary book, Marilyn Monroe, Private and Undisclosed by Michelle Morgan. For any fan or admirer of MM this book is a must, as for the first time you get to meet the real woman, not just the clichéd sex symbol. This book had me wide eyed at some of the facts that I had never known before, I felt like I was reading about a completely different woman, one I had never met before. I started researching Marilyn many years ago(early 1980's) for my first book, Marilyn On Marilyn and felt that over the years, with all the further reading of the plethora of biographies that have been published, I had a 'handle' on the woman that was Norma Jeane/Marilyn Monroe. But this book has made me realise how little I really knew. 


Of course all the major landmarks of MM's life are here in full detail but it is the lesser known details of her life that make this book so fascinating. Day to day events bring her to life in a startling way. For the first time I now understand Marilyn's progression through the movie industry from starlet to major star, revealing stints in live theatre. Her childhood too takes on a new light as caring and loving foster families and relatives are revealed. Michelle's research has brought her into contact with Marilyn's friends and family, more casual friends and acquaintances and work colleagues, their thoughts and opinions concerning Monroe give us a rounded portrait of a sensitive and caring woman who also craved attention, admiration and acceptance. 


Also revealed are some character traits that a lot of Marilyn fans may not want to acknowledge but it is this honesty that makes the book so revealing, truthful and valuable. Rather than alienating the Monroe fan, it is these traits related honestly and factually that make you understand and admire her struggles so much more. If you have not bought and read this book already I absolutely urge you to. It is so good I want to read it again, I want to digest all this new information even more, and I am going to. Michelle, Marilyn Monroe would be so proud and happy to have had her story told so honestly and lovingly. Thank you from myself and, I am sure, a myriad of MM fans worldwide....."

No comments: