Thursday 13 September 2012

National Portrait Gallery - Marilyn Monroe Talk


Things are hotting up as we approach 4 October; the date of my MM talk at the National Portrait Gallery, and I'm getting very excited.  I'm a little nervous, don't get me wrong, and I'm sure that on the day itself I will be absolutely beside myself with nerves, but for now I'm happily putting together my talk and practising it whenever no-one is around to hear me!  

I am proud to tell you that artist, writer, musician and friend Roger G Taylor (author of Marilyn on Marilyn and Marilyn in Art) will be providing the artwork which will be displayed behind me as I talk.  Not only that, but the music that will be playing as you enter the theatre has been composed by Roger and is absolutely amazing.  I won't say too much about the music because I want it to be a nice surprise, but let's just say that the songs are amazing tributes to Marilyn and since receiving the CD, I've been playing it non-stop.

The timetable for the day is as follows:

1.15 - The talk will begin.  Please be there early to ensure you get a seat.
1.50 - Questions and Answers session (please be gentle!)
2.00 - Book signing for my book, Marilyn Monroe: Private and Undisclosed
2.30 (ish) - I will be heading to the gallery's Marilyn exhibition to look at the fabulous items on display and chat to readers.  I will be accompanied by my parents, so if you see us, please come up and say hello.  I'd love to meet as many readers as I possibly can, so please introduce yourself if you see me (or my mum and dad!)

I will put up more information about the talk nearer the day, but for now here is a link to the lecture on the National Portrait Gallery website:


And here is a video, telling you how to get to the gallery:

No comments: