- First of all, you can keep in touch with me through my social media accounts: Facebook - The Official Michelle Morgan Author Page; Twitter - @MMWriterGirl and Instagram - @MMWriterGirl. I hope to see you there!
- I have recently completed a screenplay I wrote about Marilyn Monroe's life. It is called 'M...' and I am very, very proud of it. I am teaming up with Prospect House Entertainment and we hope to gain funding and make the movie in the next few years. I will keep you up-to-date here when I get more news.
- I now have a publisher for my Carole Lombard book! I am just finishing the manuscript as we speak, and my deadline is 1st December. The book will be published by The History Press in September 2016. I have had a great time writing the book and finding out more about Carole's life and career. I will share a cover with you when I see one, early next year.
- My Madonna book was published in April, and I am really, really pleased with how it came out. My publisher said that it looked so posh it should be on display somewhere! I agree - the photos came out wonderfully. It was such a joy for me to write about Madonna.
- 'Before Marilyn' (the book I wrote with Astrid Franse about Marilyn's modelling career) was published in July in the UK and will be published next week in the USA. It has had a tremendous reception and many UK newspapers and magazines picked up the story and showed many of the photos from the book. We have had some fabulous reviews on Amazon so far, and I'm looking forward to hearing what USA fans think too!
- 'The Ice Cream Blonde,' my biography about Thelma Todd, was published last week in the USA. I spent a long, long, long time writing this book and I spent much of this year working on the edits, answering questions etc. I am incredibly glad I did, because the response from readers and fans has been fabulous so far. I'm really pleased to have such a reaction, and I certainly did my best and wrote her story from the heart.
- If you're in the UK, you can read a short interview I did with The Lady magazine, in their 14th November issue. Then in January, Vintage Life will be publishing an article I wrote about old-time magazine articles. I had fun doing that!
I think we fans of old-time Hollywood and Thelma Todd, owe the staff a big thank you, for keeping Thelma's building so beautifully maintained for many, many years. It was almost untouched by time, with many original features still intact, which is a rare occurrence indeed. To say the staff were excellent caretakers of this landmark would be an understatement and I can only hope that the new owners give it as much care and attention in the future.
This week sees the release of Paulist Productions' new Christmas movie, 'Miracle Maker.' For anyone who likes programmes such as Little House on the Prairie, as well as feel-good, inspirational movies, you are sure to love it! Here is a trailer for the movie. I hope you enjoy it.